Summer Jobs with Alaska Wildland Adventures
Alaska Wildland Adventures (AWA) offers Alaska summer jobs on the Kenai Peninsula and in Denali National Park. In recent years, AWA was honored by the Wall Street Journal as one of the nation's top 15 Winning Workplaces and is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer.
Alaska Wildland Adventures offers a variety of Alaska vacations and tours, including 6- to 12-day natural history vacations for adults and families, backcountry lodge packages and accommodations for independent travelers, Kenai Riverside Fishing packages, and rafting and fishing day trips on the upper Kenai River. We encourage all potential applicants to review our Values and Beliefs, Guiding Principles and Alaska is for Everybody statement before applying.
The majority of our seasonal summer jobs are based on Alaska's Kenai Peninsula and include positions that require skills and experience in the following fields: natural history interpretation; guiding; outdoor leadership and recreation; fish guiding; rafting; maintenance; hospitality; cooking; boat captaining; CDL passenger driving; and remote lodge management.
Employment for these seasonal jobs runs from mid-May through mid-September. However, the dates of employment vary slightly with each location. Some of the summer jobs may have flexible start and end dates, but applicants who are available for a full season of summer employment are preferred (May 12 to September 15).
Alaska Wildland Adventures operates the following:
- Kenai Riverside Lodge (www.kenairiversidelodge.com) is the home base of Alaska Wildland Adventures' summer operations. This lodge is situated along the banks of the scenic Kenai River, in the town of Cooper Landing (100 miles south of Anchorage), "the heart of the Kenai Peninsula." Our rafting trips, fishing lodge and natural history safaris all operate at this location.
- Kenai Backcountry Lodge (www.kenaibackcountrylodge.com) is a small and remote wilderness lodge located within the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge. It's only accessible by boat and hosts a maximum of eighteen guests at a time. Many of Alaska Wildland Adventures' natural history safaris spend two nights at this lodge.
- Kenai Fjords Glacier Lodge (www.kenaifjordsglacierlodge.com) is a small and remote wilderness lodge located within 2,000 acres of a Native-owned wildlife sanctuary in Kenai Fjords National Park. It's only accessible by boat and hosts a maximum of thirty two guests at a time. Many of Alaska Wildland Adventures' natural history safaris spend two to three nights at this lodge.
- Alaska Adventures (www.alaskawildland.com/journeys/all-inclusive-vacations) are our multi-day trip program that travels between our lodges on the Kenai Peninsula and lodges in Denali National Park.
- Weather Permitting (www.watertaxiak.com) is our water taxi service that operates out of Seward, AK and is the primary transportation for guests to our Kenai Fjords Glacier Lodge.
Please visit our YouTube playlist to hear directly from current and past Alaska Wildland staffers.