Kenai Backcountry Lodge Maintenance
Essential Requirements for all Kenai Backcountry Lodge Positions:
- Cheerful and enthusiastic attitude during long days in a sometimes cramped workspace.
- Possess the ability to work within a team structure and in a flexible manner to accomplish a variety of tasks including: food preparation, packing, housekeeping, light maintenance and guest service.
- All positions (including managers) have camp chores and dishwashing duties. Please note: all dishwashing at this lodge is done by hand using a three-step method.
- Ability to routinely lift and load luggage, supplies and equipment (up to 75 pounds).
- Ability to live and work in a communal, camp-like atmosphere.
Assists Lodge Managers with boat and building maintenance and repair as well as construction. Mechanical and construction experience necessary. Strong preference given to candidates who have professional experience with micro-hydro, solar, or other off-grid power systems, boat and outboard maintenance or operation, strong construction trade skills or advanced medical certifications. Pay is DOE.