Our team here at Alaska Wildland Adventures is honored and excited to host you at our beautiful wilderness properties and on our awe-inspiring nature tours. Sharing the incomparable wonders of Alaska with you comes only second to our top priority – your health and safety while in our care.
Throughout the last 40+ years, we’ve honed and refined our hospitality and hygiene standards to stay on the leading edge of responsible travel, and we’ve taken the opportunity to further improve our systems in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Space to Explore, Safely
We’ve always kept our operations small. From intimate lodges to purposefully small group sizes, we create more space and personalized attention for you during your stay with us. When you travel with us, you’re choosing to say no to huge crowds and yes to an intentional experience where you’ll get close with nature, not other travelers.
- Our three wilderness lodges provide space and privacy between individual guest cabins, all situated in natural settings with private entrances
- Our fleet of custom-built boats and comfortable touring vehicles feature extra room for guests to travel in between destinations in style
- On guided outdoor activities, our guest-to-guide ratio is even smaller still – usually 4 or 6 guests to each guide
- Although the emphasis of our adventure and vacation packages involves lots of time safely outdoors, we ensure safety and health procedures while indoors, as well, including safe dining in our roomy main Lodges and maintaining space from others while traveling outside our wilderness properties
- Based upon the most current health advisories in place at the time of your trip, we plan to monitor and test our staff routinely and will ask our staff to wear masks for your safety whenever prudent. We may also ask guests and your fellow travelers to wear protective masks during times when 6 feet of distance in between individuals cannot be maintained and appreciate your partnership in creating as safe an experience as possible for all involved. Our support team will provide you up-to-date specifics about your trip several weeks in advance of your arrival
Healthy and Hygienic
Our hospitality team has adopted the newest and best protocols approved by the CDC in all shared spaces, from guest cabins to main lodges to touring vehicles and beyond. Cleaning and sanitation is frequent and consistent.
Hand sanitizer stations are fully stocked and readily available around our lodge grounds, and our staff and guide team are equipped with disinfecting wipes and cleaning supplies to provide additional layers of cleanliness.
Prepared and Ready to Help!
We take great pride in ongoing training and education for our lodge team and full staff. From our reservations team to our guides and beyond, we’re well trained on best practices and encourage you to ask us questions at any time.
Prior your vacation with us, we’ll keep you informed of how to best prepare for your adventure with us, be it a 2-hour float trip or a 2-week all-inclusive adventure. Upon arrival and prior to each guided activity, you’ll receive on-the-spot updates and safety briefings so that you’re fully prepared for each day of Alaska exploring.
Although our comprehensive list of health and safety protocols is too expansive to list here, we encourage any and all questions in advance of your visit and are here to help!
Care and Compassion
There’s nothing like Alaska’s wilderness and pristine natural environment to inspire our outlook and connection to the world and each other. We strives to approach the future and all situations involving our guests with care, compassion and understanding. When you reserve a vacation with us, you’re not just another customer; you are part of the AWA family. We take our responsibility to your care and enjoyment seriously, and we’re at your service to provide the best travel experience ever.