Alaska Adventures Seasonal Management
Seasonal Safari Manager
The Seasonal Safari Manager will coordinate with and assist the Safari Program Director managing AWA's Safari/Alaska Adventures Program. This position will typically work a 40-hour week but must be flexible to work more especially during the training period of May and early June. Day-to-day schedule may fluctuate depending on arrivals and guest occupancy at the lodge. This dynamic position requires experience in staff leadership and supervision, program logistics and scheduling and Alaska natural history interpretation.
Job Requirements/Preferred Qualifications:
- Great customer service
- Competent with computers and Windows operating system; working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage, train and schedule guide staff while providing constructive feedback to enhance their job performance
- Ability to multitask and problem solve under time constraints
- Ability to live and work in a communal, camp-like atmosphere
- Affinity for natural history and interest in expanding knowledge of eco-tourism, Alaska and the Alaska tourism experience
- Natural history interpretation training skills strongly preferred
Duties may include but are not limited to:
Greet guests upon arrival at lodge; compile Welcome Folders for arriving guests; mingle nightly with guests to set schedule for next day's activities; ensure daily activities are booked and guide staff are available; compile shuttle and meal schedules; lead full- and half-day natural history hikes in the Chugach National Forest; and drive shuttles on an as-needed basis.
This management position demands a high level of organization, leadership, attention to detail and exemplary customer service skills. Salary is DOE. Applicant must be available for the full summer season: April 1 - September 30.