Discover why the Kenai River is world famous!
Join Alaska Wildland Adventures for Kenai River rafting and fishing trips based from our Kenai Riverside Lodge in Cooper Landing, Alaska.
Our rafting trips include the:
- Two-Hour Kenai River Scenic Float Trip, where you can search for wildlife and learn about local natural and cultural history from our friendly guides;
- Full-Day Kenai Canyon Raft Trip featuring sections of Class II+ whitewater, a gourmet picnic lunch and travels through a wilderness area inside Kenai National Wildlife Refuge.
Do you want to add a day of fishing to your Alaska vacation? Fish for salmon or rainbow trout on our premium guided Kenai River fishing trips. Fish for up to eight hours with an expert guide who will help put you on fish! Our trips include gear and equipment, the filleting of any fish that you retain, and a hearty lunch of freshly prepared sandwiches, baked goods, snacks and beverages. Whether you’re an avid angler or first-time fisherman, our experienced guides will put you on the fish!
We’ve built our reputation on our friendly, professional guides, custom designed boats, top of the line gear and tackle, and providing great rafting and fishing adventures on the Kenai River.
If you’re considering combining a few of our different day trips over a couple consecutive days and are interested in overnight beautiful accommodations and delicious meals, as well, you may wish to consider one of our multi-day Kenai Riverside Lodge package stays.
Choose from 3 Day, 2 Night or longer options to include your choice of fully guided rafting, fishing and more! Our lovely accommodations at Kenai Riverside Lodge provide a perfect home away from home.
Kenai Riverside Lodge Highlights
- Individual cabins with private bath amenities
- Most cabins have two double beds while some have two double beds and one twin bed.
- Each cabin is well appointed with comfortable beds, heating with individual temperature controls, lights, electricity, local art and recently renovated private bathrooms with shower and separate vanity area.
- Use of the wood-crafted sauna – it’s just a few steps away from an invigorating plunge in the Kenai River
- Beautiful mountain scenery
- Cozy, comfortable and convenient
- Great for exploring nearby forest, river and Kenai National Wildlife Refuge
- Easily accessible: a short one-hour drive from either Soldotna or Seward and a two-and-a-half hour drive from Anchorage – or, for our multi-day package guests, take advantage of complimentary ground shuttles in between Anchorage and our lodge, provided by our team!
A credit card is required to hold your reservation. We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover. Your credit card is used only to hold your reservation. Fishing trips will be charged to your credit card 48 hours prior to the trip. Rafting trips will not be charged until time of check-in for trip departure.
Cancellations & Refunds
Cancellations made more than 7 days prior to departure will be fully refunded. Cancellations 7 days to 48 hours prior to departure will be subject to 50% charge. No refunds on cancellations within 48 hours of departure. No refunds for non-appearance without notification. No refunds for inclement weather.
Reservation date may be changed once at no extra charge by contacting us at least 48 hours prior to original trip or cabin date (subject to availability of desired trip or cabin date).
Alaska State Fish and Game Bag Limits
Alaska Wildland Adventures and Kenai River Trips strictly adhere to all regulations pertaining to restrictions, harvest, and catch and release limits of all fish species as mandated by the Alaska Department of Fish and Game. From time to time, we may establish even stricter company policies with regard to catch limits and catch and release if it is deemed to follow best practices for the continued sustainability of certain species. In these situations, company policy shall supersede state regulations, and these policies may be implemented at any time, even during the course of the current season, depending upon the species and the situation.
We believe this approach is in the best interest of the conservation and perpetuation of Alaska’s fish populations and the surrounding ecosystem upon which fish species depend. Upon booking a fishing trip with us, you agree to comply with these policies.
Visit our full Policies page for more information.
Kenai River Rafting and Fishing Trips operate rain or shine. Dress comfortably, warm, and in layers – you can shed your outer layers as the day warms up. Please pack any extra gear or clothing in a small day pack. Rain gear and boots will be provided for you for all rafting trips. For our fishing guests, we encourage you to bring your own waterproof rain coat and rain pants.
Visit our Common Questions page (scroll down for Fishing and Rafting-specific FAQs) for more information about your day trip!
What to Wear
- Comfortable pants
- Long sleeve shirt
- Sweater or fleece jacket
- Warm socks
- Synthetic or wool long underwear, if necessary
What to Bring
- Extra pair of dry socks
- Extra sweater or fleece jacket
- Warm wool or fleece hat
- Warm wool or fleece gloves or mittens
Other Recommended Items
- Sunglasses (polarized if on fishing trip)
- Camera and film
- Insect repellent
- Baseball cap or hat with a brim
We are conveniently located in the heart of the Kenai Peninsula at Milepost 50.1 on the Sterling Highway. We’re approximately a 2.5-hour drive from Anchorage, and a 1-hour drive from Seward, Soldotna or Kenai. Rental cars are available in all major towns and cities. Please consider weather and road work delays in your travel planning.
Van Shuttles: Several companies offer comfortable van transportation and will pick up and drop off visitors throughout the Kenai Peninsula. Please contact us for details.