Denali Kantishna Adventure
Camp Denali, one of the first nature lodges in Alaska (1951), features a unique hillside location that offers guests views of Mt. McKinley and the Alaska Range (weather permitting). Camp Denali is renowned for its active learning emphasis. Days of hiking and wildlife observation are enhanced by visits to the interactive Natural History Resource Center and evening programs presented by staff naturalists and visiting specialists, designed to expand your knowledge of Alaska's natural and cultural heritage.
Guest cabins have been carefully situated to capture stunning mountain views. Each is a three to seven-minute walk from the historic hand-hewn log lodge and homey dining room. The cabins feature a comfortable, yet rustic, setting, with a small wood-burning stove, wall-mounted propane lights and a gas hot plate for heating water. Colorful patchwork quilts, crafted by the staff, and fine Alaskan artwork display an abiding attention to detail. You can wash in the privacy of your cabin and each has a convenient "house out back." There is a modern central bathhouse area near the lodge providing private hot showers, changing rooms and other conveniences of home.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose the Denali Kantishna Adventure
- Located 89 miles from the crowded entrance to Denali National Park, Camp Denali is one of only two lodges with a view of Mt. McKinley. Transportation to and from the lodge is provided on private buses with great opportunities for wildlife viewing en route.
- Founded in 1951, ecotourism pioneer Camp Denali is an authorized National Park Service concessioner. Family owned & operated, this business continues its tradition of active exploration in the heart of the park.
- An array of activities are offered daily: venture into the higher alpine valleys with a naturalist guide, watching for wildlife en route; paddle a canoe out on Wonder Lake and trace the outline of Mt McKinley in its pristine waters; ride a mountain bike "home" from a location along the park road; or drop a fishing line into the waters of Moose Creek.
- Throughout the summer, visiting specialists share their expertise joining guests around the breakfast and dinner tables and presenting evening programs on topics such as how animals survive in the winter, auroral phenomena, global climate change, bird migration and more.
- Specializing in learning adventures for active travelers, Camp Denali offers 3- and 4-night stays. Enjoy hikes and other adventures in Denali's backcountry to learn about, and not just see, wildlife, wildflowers and birdlife and to understand more about the subarctic.
View the full itinerary.
|4 days/3 nights
|5 days/4 nights||$2,585.00|
Pricing is per person, based on double occupancy, plus tax. Available June to early September. 4 days/3 nights options start on Fridays. 5 days/4 nights options start on Mondays.