Kenai Riverside Lodge Fishing Program
These positions support the fishing packages operated by Kenai Riverside Fishing.
Our guides operate drift boats and/or powerboats while guiding up to 4 clients at a time, and fish primarily for trout and salmon. Must be a well-rounded angler and proficient in a variety of fishing techniques and styles, particularly those related to catching trout and salmon. Candidates with Alaska or Pacific Northwest fishing experience, previous guiding experiences and boat handling skills are preferred. Compensation package includes salary based on experience, guide licensing fees, industry incentives (i.e., discounted fishing gear) and subsidized room & board.
Essential Requirements for Fish Guide Positions:
- Have the ability to work within and maintain a positive attitude during long days of work.
- Possess or have the ability and experience to obtain a United States Coast Guard Freshwaters and River Guide License of Western Alaska (OUPV) (For details regarding license requirements please contact our hiring office).
- Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen and participate in a random drug screening program as required by Alaska State Parks and the United States Coast Guard.
- Ability to live and work in a communal, camp-like atmosphere.
- Have the ability to lift heavy loads (up to 100 pounds).
- Must be AT LEAST 23 years old by employment start date.
Fishing Program Assistant
Supports program manager with all aspects of operation and coordination of the fishing program. Must have some knowledge of fishing as a business, customer service experience, strong administrative skills and the ability to work within a team structure. Applicants with Alaska fishing lodge experience, flexibility, strong verbal communication skills and a positive attitude are preferred. Salary based on experience plus industry incentives (i.e. discounted fishing gear, guided and non-guided fishing opportunities, etc).
Shuttle Driver/Guide Assistant
Responsibilities include general maintenance tasks, fish packing, driving shuttle to/from boat launches and basic vehicle maintenance. Experience driving with trailers, job flexibility and ability to work within a team environment preferred. Pay is DOE plus industry incentives (i.e., discounted fishing gear, guided and non-guided fishing opportunities, etc).