Kenai Riverside Lodge Adventure Program
The Kenai Adventure Programs intern will assist the Safari Program Director and Seasonal Safari Manager in coordinating our Kenai Riverside Lodge-based Independent Adventure Packages and Kenai Riverside Lodge evening programs. The Adventure intern will typically work a 40-hour week (from mid-May to early September). Day to day schedule may fluctuate depending on evening program schedule and guest occupancy at the lodge.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
Coordinate evening programs at Kenai Riverside Lodge; greet Adventure Package guests upon arrival at lodge; compile Welcome Folders for arriving guests; meet nightly with guests to set schedule for next day's activities; lead full- and half-day natural history hikes in the Chugach National Forest on an as needed basis; and drive shuttles on an as needed basis.
Job Requirements/Preferred Qualifications:
- Competent with computers and Windows operating system with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Drive.
- Great customer service skills.
- Ability to develop and present evening program/activity to diverse groups (from 1 to 20+ people).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to live and work in a communal, camp-like atmosphere.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve under time restraints.
- Affinity for natural history and interest in expanding knowledge of ecotourism and rafting a Class II scenic river.
- Alaska and Alaska tourism experience helpful but not necessary.
- Preferred candidate will be at least 21 years of age.
- $600/month stipend plus free housing/meal agreement will be offered.